- Microscope column: contains the field emission gun with Shottyky emitter and vacuum system that allows the gun isolation from the column (the column can be aerated while the emission gun is in high vacuum), two condenser lens, S-TWIN objective lens with a goniometer with computerized movements, 5 controlled axes and eucentric (allows sample tilting without displacements of the target area on the taken image, whether the interest area is in the center or the outside of the specimen), diffraction lens, intermediate lens, two projector lens and ports for CCD cameras, energy filters and other accessories. Under the column there is the projection camera with two viewing windows, a large fluorescent screen (160 mm diameter), a small fluorescent for critical focusing with a high quality binocular microscope with 12x magnification and a shutter beam mechanism.
- STEM: Incorporating STEM increases the instrument versatility without compromising other operating modes (TEM, EFTEM, analytical). In all operating modes the samples are located in eucentric position. This is the optimal position for all operating modes making it possible to quickly switch between TEM and STEM operating modes. The STEM option means hardware components (Bright Field/Dark Field and/or High-Angle Annular Dark Field detector – HAADF) and software (image scan mode) and it can be retrofited if necessary.
- X-Ray analysis: EDS package provides the whole hardware and software required for qualitative and quantitative EDS analysis as well as spectral EDS images.
- EFTEM: Microscope functions can be extended by using an energy filtered placed under the projection. This allows composition mapping, filtering at zero and non-zero energy loss and the spectroscopy. The software is integrated in the main Graphical Interface – Tecnai User Interface through which you can control all the main functions of the filter. The spectrometer also contains EELS module and obtained CCD spectral image with a secondary CCD camera which allows users to take digital images for non-EFTEM applications.
|TEM point resolution||2 Å|
|Extended resolution (TrueImage)||1.6 Å|
|Information limit||1.4 Å|
|TEM line resolution||1.02 Å|
|STEM HAADF resolution||1.9 Å|
|High tension||50 – 300 kV; can be switched in the software in steps (preset values: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 kV) or continuously, between 10 and 300 kV with minimum step of 70V; switching in less than 1 minute.|
|High tension stability||≤ 1 ppm|
|Iluminating modes||Micro samples, nano samples, LM (Low Mag)|
|Number of spot sizes||11|
|Minimum size of the beam||≤ 3 Å for nano samples mode (STEM);
10 Å for micro samples mode (TEM, HR-TEM and TEM-LOW-DOSE);
85 Å for LM mode (Low Mag)
|Condenser lens number||5 condenser lens system: gun lens, C1, C2, minicondenser and prefield objective lens.|
|Number of C1 apertures (condenser 1)||4 interchangeable: 2000, 70, 50 & 30 µm Pt|
|Number of C2 apertures (condenser 2)||4 interchangeable: 150, 100, 70 & 50 µm|
|Number of objective apertures||8 interchangeable: 100, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20 & 10 µm
The objective apertures are in the focal plane of the objective lens.
|Number of selected area apertures (SA)||4 interchangeable: 800, 200, 40 & 10 µm Pt|
|Distance between pole pieces of the objective lens||5.4 mm|
|Focal Length||2.3 mm|
|Spherical aberration constant (Cs)||1.2 mm|
|Chromatic aberration constant (Cc)||1.4 mm|
|Minimun focusing step||1.8 nm|
|Magnification TEM||60x – 1 000 000x|
|Magnification STEM||150x – 230 000 000x|
|Camera length (mm)||80 – 4 500|
|Diffraction convergence angle||100 mRad|
|Diffraction angle||± 12°|
|Tip||Schottky emitter with field emission, tip of zirconium oxide|
|Beam current||> 100 nA (up to 150nA)|
|Beam current for a beam dimension of 1 nm||≥ 0,6 nA (up to 1nA)|
|Energy spread||≤ 0,8 eV (or less than 7eV)|
|Spot drift||< 1 nm/min|
|Specimen positioning||With high stability CompuStage
Automatic specimen positioning in eucentric position right after loading
|Specimen tilting by alfa angle||± 40° for each X,Y, Z, α, β combiantion with double-tilt holder and 3 mm TEM grid;
± 80° pentru orice combinaţie X,Y, Z, α, β with tomography holder and 3 mm TEM grid.
|Travel along X / Y axes||± 1 mm|
|Travel along Z axis||± 0.375 mm|
|Specimen recall reproducibility||< 0,3 μm after 300μm movements along XY axes
< 0,1 μm for tilting after α angle
|Number of stored positions||Infinite, including optics settings (intensity, magnification, spot dimension)|
|Sample change time||< 1 minute, sofware programmable pumping time for sample introduction trap without high tension interruption or filament heating|
|STPS||Smart Tracking Position Tracking – graphical interface for viewing on the query paths on the sample, including fixed stored position|
|Advanced reposition||Stage reposition by a comment|
|Drift specimen||≤ 0.5 nm/min.|
|STEM Module||With Ultra-high Resolution, retractable HAADF detector, installed over the projection room.
Fast switching between TEM and STEM modules through sample positioning in goniometer eucentric position in any operating mode.
STEM, CCD image and EDS acquisition can be made simultaneously.
|EDS Spectrometer||Detector with motorized retreat and return to measure position
EDX detector resolution: ≤ 132 eV
EDX detector window: SUTW (Super Ultra Twin Window)
Solid angle EDX detector: 0,13 str.
Signal to noise ratio: >18 000:1
Rate of false peaks: <1%
High performance specialized sofware
|EELS Spectrometer||EELS spectrometer, 0.4 eV resolution; 3 mm entry aperture diameter; 1024 eV energy field observed at 300 KV;|
- Double-tilt holder (left-right and front-back), high visibility and low incuced noise
- STEM harware for FEG
- Image scanning module
- HAADF detector for 300 kV
- EDAX analyzer (DPP-II)
- Motorized retractable detecting unit with Super Ultra Thin Window (r-TEM SUTW Detector Unit) for Tecnai 300 kV TWIN and S-TWIN
- EDX spectroscopy module
- Software TrueImage Professional
- Focal series acquisition
- Focal series reconstruction
- TEM AutoAdjust
- TEM AutoGun
- Gatan GIF2001 P for 300 kV
- Energy filters support
- EFTEM EELS module
- CCD support
Sample preparation equipment